Thursday, October 18, 2012

voluptuous

why i love my body:

i was born into this body. it's mine.

i love every freckle, mole, sunspot...every crease, wrinkle, laugh line, scowl line, crow's foot, discoloration, scar. hey, i made those scars. granted, i'm no athlete or daredevil. sure, sure, those scars mostly came from curling irons, flat irons, razors.

ah, but the ones on my legs tell you of a little kindergartener who had short legs; she tripped and stumbled up those steps at Belle Union school...then in first grade she kicked her legs to deal with her sensory difficulties and the nauseau that ensued. kicked her legs and hit them daily on her desk. then there's the leg scars from a few summers ago when the chiggers about ate me alive.

this year i went and added to the list of scars by falling on my kneecap. lord, sweet jesus. bahhhh! ouch is an understatement.

i have stretch marks, white and purple. spider veins. babies. weight gains. weight losses. standing working retail.

i have curves, lots of them. perhaps i am voluptuous. yeah, i like that.

everything about my body is beautiful to me. it's a storybook. so many chapters!

when i am d
o
w
n,
i should just remember I AM LIFE, I HAVE LIFE, I HAVE GIVEN LIFE. holy crap. smile me.

1 comment: