Monday, June 8, 2015

catching up

I could complain and be exasperated that Emma stays up late in the summer. But why? It's summer! Last night I went to check on her. It was very late. She was tucking in all of her baby dolls. I helped her. There are 3 doll beds on the floor and more babies tucked in with her. She let me lie next to her (until I snored too loud.) She even let me hold her new baby and burrito wrap it like a newborn. Yes, we're talking about a sweet girl who is almost 11. And it brings tears to my eyes because we didn't have these moments at age 3, 4, 5, or even 6. We have them now. And I cherish each one. She may be a super smart Honor Roll girl, but she's still getting caught up on the pretend play. I love it! It melts me. <3

#autism #PretendPlay

No comments:

Post a Comment