Saturday, June 13, 2015

nite nite, Emma

As soon as summer vacation was here Emma was determined to stay up late every night! I don't really mind. But I have a cut-off point. After midnight is just too late. She's only almost eleven. Well, the nights were getting later and later. And she -- has been getting sneaky--getting up after I've tucked her in. Getting out the Kindle or Ipad. I haven't felt well for a couple of days. Last night I slept hard until about 7:30 when I needed to get up and pee. She was awake! She hadn't gone to sleep! She was watching videos on YouTube! Good lord! Tonight the Kindle was taken away at 9:00. Oh, there was screaming. crying. it was awful. but she finally read a book like I had suggested, then crawled into bed. She didn't fall asleep right away. I kept checking. At midnight I went in again. She was staring at the ceiling, doing something with her hands. I could tell she was drifting off into her world. I asked a few times if she wanted the light off. No answer. I turned it off. She rolled over and closed her eyes. I kissed and hugged her goodnight. Told her I love her. No answer, which isn't unusual. I think she's asleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment