Thursday, April 2, 2015

you gotta wear shades *Autism post*

We rock Autism in our house! It is our life. Lives. I am dedicated to advocating for Emma and teaching her to advocate for herself. I think that most people in this day and age are AWARE of Autism, but not everyone actually understands what it is. It is a SPECTRUM disorder, affecting each individual differently, with some common denominators. I will post facts on it at a different time, as it is too early and I'm not super awake yet. :-) ... Acceptance is what we strive for, for all people with disabilities to be treated as human beings. ... I am eternally grateful for angels that are placed in our path to help us along the way. <3 I have met great people and have made amazing friends on this journey. Emma has too. I think we are extremely fortunate to be where we are at, at this amazing school, in a kind community, surrounded by friends who just GET it. ... Autism is a part of Emma-- it isn't WHO she is. Everyone is born with a personality. Hers just happens to Shine so bright you need shades. ;-) Thank you all for reading my posts and not getting sick of them. My goal is to share pieces of our life with others so there is a greater understanding of what Autism is for many. Writing is also therapy for me, and I feel incomplete if I don't get my thoughts down! :-)#autism

No comments:

Post a Comment